For the third year running, Green Street Festival returns during October half-term holidays: 24 October 2018 12-4pm.
This time Green Street Community Neighbourhood and Applecart Arts collaborate to organise free arts workshops to celebrate the community. Under the header Create and Celebrate, local artists provide 30-90min workshops open to the public in the lead up to the festival, as well as on the day itself.
Dates and places for the workshops are still to be confirmed but include:
• Tile painting by Suzan Ipekliogu
• Bunting sewing by Madhumita Bose
• Poetry/Spoken Word by Jamal Kahn
• Puppetry making by Floating Artland Collective
During the Queens Market Festival, there will also be performances from:
• Newham Super Choir led by Sovra Newman